In Fashion, 2nd Edition
In Fashion, offers a clear introduction to the fashion industry that is as dynamic as the business itself. Through concise language and full-color photographs, author Elaine Stone provides you with an overview of fashion, from its history, cyclical nature, and development to the materials, producers, and retailers who impact the business on a global level. Whether your plans include design, product development, merchandising, buying, manufacturing, or entrepreneurship, you will gain a thorough understanding of how the industry works and what lies ahead for you professionally.
• Every feature has been revised to provide the most up-to-date introduction to the fashion industry
• Hundreds of four-color photographs highlight the people, principles, practices, and techniques of the business
• Everything Old is New Again—each chapter features topics covering the past and present in fashion personalities, fads, pop culture icons, etc.
• Tools of the Trade—Parts Three and Four features topics covering product development and retailing
• Timeless Treasures—each chapter summarizes the historical and contemporary background of the fashion industry
• In the Fashion Spotlight, each chapter highlights interesting people, places, and/ or products that impact the subject matter, making the chapter material more relevant to you
• End of chapter elements include list of key terms, review questions, projects/assignments, additional readings
The Changing World of Fashion
The Nature of Fashion
The Environment of Fashion
The Movement of Fashion
The Business of Fashion
The Primary Level: The Materials of Fashion
Textiles: Fibers and Fabrics
Leather and Fur
The Secondary Level: The Producers for Fashion
Fashion Apparel: Women?s, Men?s, Children?s, and Teen?s
The Retail Level: The Markets of Fashion
Global Sourcing and Merchandising
So You Want to be In Fashion?